Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chukka Time!

I recently received my February 2010 issue of Lucky Magazine and was very excited to see that they have a feature on desert boots. I recently purchased a pair of vintage leather ankle boots by Etienne Aigner and was very pleased to find out that they are in fashion again. (Classic "old school meets new school" moment)

After reading the feature on Lucky, I immediately rummaged through my pile of shoes to look for my chukkas, which remind me a lot of desert boots, only they are shorter. (I believe some people call them "wallabees" too.) I have been very lucky to find a couple of vintage and thrifted footwear and I absolutely cannot wait for Spring to come so that I can wear the proper outfit to showcase their awesomeness.

Below is the Lucky magazine feature and photos of my thrifted vintage Eddie Bauer chukka (above right) and Mudd Daily chukka I got at Penney's (below right). My Eddie Bauer chukkas have an odd flat toe which kind of reminds me of a man with a flat top. They definitely have personality!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails