Friday, September 3, 2010

Happiness in a box!

I haven't been posting much and I apologize. I haven't been feeling well and I'm also feeling mildly depressed. Such is life, right? I do want to thank the lovely people who have left comments while my blog was on an unplanned hiatus. It warms my little heart to see that people actually do visit and read my humble blog. Thank you so much!

I'm one of those people who can't function properly when I'm feeling rather blue. But time waits for no one and is sadly wasting away so I decided to do something productive. I ended up polishing a silver candelabra I recently thrifted. Nothing like repetitive, brainless movements to keep your mind off of things. Wipe on. Wipe off. Then I heard a knock on the door! It was Mr. Fedex Man bearing a huge package for me!

It was my package from the Package Exchange Project from my lovely partner, Stephanie of Church Clothes! It was hard restraining myself from tearing off the box into pieces while I took pictures. It was so exciting and so much fun! It was definitely a lot better than repetitive, brainless movements! Receving a package is like receiving happiness in a box! For a while, my sickness and my blues went away.

Stephanie did an awesome job picking out items for the exchange. Almost everything was thrifted and definitely old school! I love it! She sent me an awesome red vintage purse, a cute leather belt, a precious little Trifari owl pin, stickie notes, a heart ice-tray and dog tail wall hook from Ikea, and a mini bubble gum dispenser from the 80s. I was in absolute heaven! I immediately scrambled for coins to get some of the Skittles that were inside the bubble gum dispenser. I love Skittles. I have fond childhood memories of Skittles.

Thank you so much for your package, Stephanie! Your thoughtfulness and creativity is greatly appreciated. Plus, the timing of your package is just perfect. Nothing like a good package to lift you up when you're down. Thank you so much!

Now, I'm very excited to see what everyone else got. Please feel free to share some of your photos so that we can post it in the blog for all to see. This was definitely a good idea and I'm certainly going to host another one soon. I will keep you all posted!

17 comments:

cb said...

oh no! well i hope the happiness in the box has picked up your spirits! we all need time to lay low and just veg and recuperate! i am sending you good vibes to help you feel better!!

that owl brooch is adorable!!!

xo,
cb

Teresa said...

Awww... Thank you so much, CB! That's very sweet of you! :)

Sarah said...

This box is too cute. I love, love, love getting packages. They always make my day. I hope your day goes well now that you have a cute little package to enjoy!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

cute stuff Teresa!
Thanks again so much for putting it together, I had so much fun.
And I received my package from Lisa and its pretty much AWESOME!

p.s. cheer up pretty lady. don't fret on the minor stuff, you have so much more wonderful things going on around you ;)

Carys said...

What a lovely package of things, how sweet!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you liked it!
I just got your package today too =]
My roommates and I were freaking out over the toilet erasers =]
and now we're eating the gum and putting stickers on our phones haha.
I'll be blogging about the package later tonight =] thanks so much! I'll definitely be looking forward to another package exchange.

Collette Osuna said...

Great blog...just found you:)

Anonymous said...

wow cool! hope you continue to feel better. Happy wkend!

KristiMcMurry said...

That's such a great package! I'm impressed that you had the restraint to take pictures :) That's a sign of a great blogger! haha. I hope you feel better soon!

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, loving that owl! What a great dose of package happiness!

emma wallace said...

Yay! How fun!

And I hope you feel completely sunny soon!

Sara said...

Awww how cool! Your bubble gum dispenser is so cute! I love that it has skittles in it as well! :):) feel better girl, *big hugs*

Anonymous said...

I adore that little owl! He should make anyone feel better. Hope he raises your spirits.

The package exchange sounds so great. Maybe I'll take yours as inspiration...

Raquel said...

I love getting packages, it can bright up ones day right? And you got some lovely stuff!
Hope you're feeling better now.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

AAAwww those things are so cute! I love everything you received, how exciting!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Poppy said...

Aww your parcel goodies were awesome! I love the gumball machine!
I'm sending out the big email for TWVP and I can't find your email address. Would you mind letting me know so I can send you the details? Thank you!

Jenni said...

I finally got around to posting the package I received! It was super awesome!

http://aspiredlevant.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails