Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

This is my Father's Day outfit. It's a lovely day so I decided to wear something light and breezy. I thrifted this bright orange dress in Los Angeles during my short sabbatical a couple of months ago and haven't really gotten a chance to wear it until today. (Then again, I have so much clothes, I don't think there's enough days in the year to wear all of them. Hehe!) It's not really vintage but I just couldn't resist the lovely embroidered design.

Also, in honor of my father who is back home, I wore his cross necklace. I remember the day he bought this necklace. He saw it at the shop and found the design so beautiful and intricate, he ended up buying it. Like any giving father, he offered to let me borrow it. I "borrowed" it years ago and have yet to return it. I just love that it reminds me of the 2 important people in my life that love me unconditionally, my Dad and Jesus Christ. I really am blessed to have such a wise, caring and loving father! I hope everyone had a lovely Father's Day!

5 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

yey!! more Christian bloggers. This is wonderful. I have things I have borrowed from my parents that I have had for more than 5 years too. I love the dress by the way!

Anonymous said...

oh, so wonderful! love the golden cross! and the blouse fits you perfectly with that beautiful color tint! have a lovely week!

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

love the dress!
And what a great way to honor your papa :)

It's just a Monday said...

You look really pretty and suit the orange colour so much. x

Lauren said...

Oh I have that same tunic!!! Love it! You look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails