Friday, February 26, 2010

My Name is Jonah.

First of all, I know that Weezer's song is about Jonas and not Jonah. I just thought it would be kind of clever to make some sort of connection since that song has been randomly playing in my head. Anyways...

I found a really charming whale pin at the local thrift store today. See how happy he looks? I have this quirky thing that I have to name almost all my belongings (Well, those that have a "face" or a "personality" at least) and the first name that came to mind was "Jonah". I know that Jonah was the man the whale swallowed but since there's no record of what the whale's name was, I think Jonah will do just fine. If you tilt your head to the side, Jonah almost looks like a heart. (If hearts can swallow you up whole and barf you up, sure!)

I haven't really thought about whales until the other day actually so this pin came as a lovely and timely surprise. I still think that whales are lovely creatures. And now for your viewing pleasure...

NOTE: Random Jonah and the Whale images taken from the Internets. (Clockwise, from top right: Johanna Hildebrandt, A Lois White, Flensted Mobiles, and Driedoutinkpens)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails