Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cameo Appearance.

I have been going to a lot of thrift stores and vintage shops for the longest time now and I rarely ever find any cameos. I would occasionally find one but sadly, it would either be too tacky or gaudy and so, I must let it go. I have always envisioned my cameo to be simple and classy and I always wanted it to have "meaning". I guess I can buy a brand new one and just spare myself from all "this" but "this" is actually what makes the whole process exciting.

Today, I finally found the one! (Cue harp sounds here) There it was, perched on the glass with other shiny objects. Its beauty was undeniable and distinct. I just knew it was the one. I knew I have to have it. This cameo was meant to be found by me. This loveliness that once gave someone a touch of class and a lot of joy will now be mine.

I must say, I am definitely no expert when it comes to cameos. I have not the slightest clue as to what to look for when it comes to quality or value but this cameo is pretty, that I know for sure. The shape is classic and the face is delicate and lovely. The cameo can be worn as a brooch or a pendant too. Oh, lucky me! Finally, my cameo has made an appearance...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails