Thursday, May 6, 2010

Orla Kiely's Pretty Things

I was strolling down Larchmont Avenue when I came across this quirky little store called "Pickett Fences". They have a nice selection of random loveliness but they were quite expensive. I browsed around for some inspirationn when this travel bag with cute car prints on it caught my eye. I noted down the designer's name and immediately visited her website once I got home.

Orla Kiely's work might be familiar to frequent Target shoppers. She collaborated with them last year, bringing in her unique sense of style to Target's limited-edition housewares and home decor. Orla Kiely's designs definitely have a vintage vibe as evident in the colors and patterns she uses. Her dresses are so pretty! She has some cute bags too! Check her website out now!

I must say, all the lovely dresses I've seen while I'm on my short sabbatical are really inspiring me to sew again! I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on my sewing machine.

3 comments:

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Love this post! So much inspiration.

Sara said...

What a great post! :)

Lauren said...

I love the clothes!!! And another Detroiter! How lucky am i?

Related Posts with Thumbnails