Sunday, May 23, 2010

Outfit Post: Birdhouse and Turtle Shells

The weather today was lovely. My body clock has yet to reset itself so I had to force myself to get out of bed to enjoy the sun. It would be such a waste if I spent all day in bed! It was bright and warm outside. It was simply perfect.

Mr. Old School and I dropped by the park to enjoy the weather. As we were leaving the park to pick up some things at Target, we were ambushed by a rather startled turtle. It came from behind one of the flower bushes, "ran" on the pathway and into the grass. I reckon it was "running" away from us but I have to say, I was just as surprised as the turtle. (Plus, I've never seen a turtle move so fast!) I was jumping and screaming as my mind was trying to process what this shiny crawling creature was in front of me. My mind totally blanked out! At first, I thought it was a huge beetle. I really didn't expect to see a turtle in the park! I probably scared some of the people with all my screaming and jumping. I bet I looked silly! Funny times.

Then, we went to Target and picked up black knee-high socks and a thing of bubbles. Blowing bubbles is always fun and relaxing! I got one with the really big wand but the bubbles still came out normal sized. It was a lovely day, nonetheless!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

  • Hat: JCPenney
  • White Tank Top: Victoria's Secret Pink
  • Denim Vest: Vintage Gap
  • Birdhouse Necklace: Urban Outfitters
  • Khaki Shorts: Old Navy
  • Sandals: Vintage, thrifted
  • Red Purse: Vintage Liz Claiborne

When I saw this Birdhouse Necklace at Urban Outfitters, I knew I had to get it! It looks very cute! The little bird inside makes it even more special!

3 comments:

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Your outfit is really cute, I love the vest and the hat.

I like turtles, I wish I saw him.

Becky said...

I'm loving the hat!

anni said...

That necklaces is so ADORABLE ! i absolutely love it <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails