Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Prom Night

This month, years ago, we had our high school prom. I'm not the "prom" type simply because back then, I didn't enjoy dressing up *gasp* and until now, I still don't dance. I really would have never gone if it weren't for my dear mother's persistence. She told me that it was going to be one of those things that I have to experience and that it was something that I will never forget. How could I ever forget that night? I couldn't, even if I had my brain reformatted! Thanks to that giant pimple that decided to make a debut that night! I had to walk around with a ginormous angry pimple on my right cheek and that's all I could think about! Instead of prancing around, feeling like a "princess" (I assume most teenage girls pretend to be like princesses on their prom night?) I felt like a giant pimple because I did have one and it's on my face! Plus, I had photos to remind me of that night and that angry pimple! Gah!

But anyway, the whole drama about proms revolve around the dress and I wanted mine to look just like Emma's. (Emma as in Gwyneth Paltrow in the movie, Emma) To cut the long story short, my dress did not turn out anything like her dress. Let's just say that if a nun were to go to a prom, my dress would have been perfect for her. (Long sleeves, high choking neckline, knee length, and an itchy fabric in the lovely shade of ecru. Let's not forget the bow on the waist!) Needless to say, prom night was indeed an experience and definitely a night (no drug or brain injury) can make me forget. Making me and my high school friends burst out in reminiscent laughter is it's only purpose.

I would post my prom photos here but alas! They are back home, beneath 6 feet of earth and so I post lovely photos of Gwyneth Paltrow and her Emma dress instead. Gwyneth is such a classic beauty. I've always liked her face. There's something so ethereal about it. Hers and Zooey Deschanel's. They're so pretty! And their sense of style is impeccable! Anyways, the dress...

I must admit, I'm still glad I went to my high school prom because my dear mother is right. It's silly experiences like that that makes life more fun and exciting. It makes life richer and fuller. Those are moments we live for...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails