Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Honor Roll: Mia from Ireland

About Mia: My name is Mia and I'm an Irish student currently studying Creative Digital Media in Dublin. I really enjoy fashion, but what I like most about it would have to be the way in which it allows everyone to create their own personal style. I am continually amazed by vintage clothing for it's quality, stylishness and of course timelessness. I also enjoy photography, reading anything I get my hands on and playing music on my Decks which I should probably use more often! When I'm finished college I would like to work in Radio or behind the scenes in TV.

Old School Cool Treasure: I've bought three lovely items from your store, but one was a gift so I am going to talk about the two I have the pleasure of wearing myself.

An amazing white vintage sweater with the cutest blue ribbons and pink roses, as soon as I saw it I knew I HAD to buy it! I love the fact that I can wear it on cold rainy days and have my day brightened up, it instantly puts a smile on my face. This is such a versatile piece, I could wear it with denim shorts & tights, over a dress or skirt and with skinny jeans. I would pair it with one of my skull rings to toughen it up a bit and a pair of white patent Doc Marten's or maybe a pair of my studded boots. And of course a bow in my hair!

I love these denim dungarees, I don't wear jeans much and like to find alternatives particularly for college which involves a lot of practical work. The fact that they are shorts makes them super girly and feminine. Again, another versatile piece, it is so easy to make them look good. I would pair them with any colour lace shirt underneath, or a striped top, maybe a button up vintage blouses with peter pan collars and cable knit chunky cardigans. Classic oxford brogues look great with them & loafers for an old school cool. I'm also planning to wear my vintage baseball jacket with them once the weather gets colder!

Curious as to what Honor Roll is all about? Then read this.

5 comments:

Leah Brunner said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is lovely!

Taylor said...

It's fun hearing from happy customers.
It's also great that you do this.

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

This is a cool idea. I love those overalls, they are so adorable.

walrus studio said...

Yes!! Awesome sweater!!

Teresa said...

It always warms my heart when I hear how happy my customers are with their treasures! Plus, I really like to focus on everyone's uniqueness! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails