Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love at first bike

Ever since I saw that Liberty of London Limited Edition bike at the Target website, I fell in love. I forget how much the first editions were but I reckon they were about $200 or so. But it was pretty! I imagined myself riding the lovely floral cruiser around the neighborhood, wearing lovely floral dresses. But that was just a dream. I still have a mountain bike gathering dust in our living room. If only Liberty of London made floral mountain bikes! Besides, next thing I knew, they sold out! I couldn't even find them in the stores! Bah!

Anyway, as I was surfing through Target's website, I realized they came out with a second edition of those lovely bikes. I was kind of hoping that the price will also go down but it didn't. I guess I was just not meant to have that bike. I mean, I still have a mountain bike that I rarely use so why should I get another one just because it's pretty? Exactly. Because it's pretty. :)

I found a really cheaper alternative though. I was really excited to see that Huffy made His and Hers Deluxe cruiser bikes for only $100 each! They're not really floral but I have to say, I like the neutral color! And they both come with baskets and rear racks too! *insert heavenly sounds here, harps, angels and all!* Now, if I can only get the Mister to agree to get these matching bikes...

P.S. The lovely Huffy Deluxe Cruisers can be purchased at Walmart at the low low price of $119. You will also get a $20 gift card and free home delivery too! If Walmart is not an option, the Huffy Deluxe Cruisers are also available in Kmart for $140 + $45 shipping.

20 comments:

this free bird said...

I can see why you'd fall for the floral bike. So cute. But the Huffy ones are awesome and way cheaper...all you have to do is add yourself in a floral frock! :)-Carrie

ilovemyhouse said...

ilove the Huffy bike. i like neutral, you can always put some flowers in the basket :)
Have a great day. XX

Taylor said...

I love those 2 bikes! Are those at Target, too?

Anonymous said...

Woah. I love your taste; both bikes are so cool O_O

The first one's really funky with the super cute print, and the second's more sophisticated and stylish.

Carys said...

I really want a vintage-style bike, these are beautiful!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Ella said...

i have been looking for a bike like this for ages!
they are so gorgeous
would def make exercising tonnes more fun
belle x
ellabellevintage.blogspot.com

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

The Huffy cruisers are awesome!

Sara said...

OH how pretty! I got my bike at Target, it is a cruiser too. Only, it is just blue and it does not have the pretty flowers on it. :P

The Royal Oak Garage Sale takes place in the huge parking garage in the city. Different venders are set up on each level, all hodge-podge and the sell everything from clothes to comic books. There were not too many clothes venders last year, but there are always a few that sell cute stuff. Does it sound like fun? it is right downtown, should be fun :)

thedemuremuse.com said...

these bikes are suuuuper cute! I love them!

also, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! i'm so glad you found me through Erica! She's such a sweetheart, no?

the necklace is going to be available on my etsy in a couple of days. i'll keep you posted!

xo,
katrina

Theresa said...

I've had a maddening craving for bike recently! If ever you can crave a bike, which isn't at all edible. That Huffy one would be just perfect.:)But I'm on the same page as you, I don't believe I could talk to boy on getting one for himself so we could take a nice long bike ride to the beach.

alexkeller said...

i wonder if you could paint your bike with pretty flowers? hmmmm....i have an old mountain bike - what do you think? i'll paint mine & we'll go riding together!

Unknown said...

i want that last bike!! :)
page

stylenuggets said...

Can't ride a bike (shameful admission) but these are cute!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

those bikes are love!!!
i wish we can go biking here and not be all dusty and smelly with the city pollution..tsk tsk.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Kristin said...

Hey Teresa! I have been searching for your email, and can't locate it, but I wanted to let you know that you won the Timely Vintage gift card giveaway on my blog! :) Yay!

Email me at leproustvintage@gmail.com, and I will get you in contact with Annie! :)

Ali Hval said...

I like the Huffy oness, they are so so cute. And I love neutral. > w<

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

Love those bikes. This just reminds me how much i need to fix my bike.

Anonymous said...

Love it:)

kiss me quick said...

holy crap :O that brown bike is so beautiful!
I've been dreaming about owning a similar bike for ages!

Thanks for the comment! It was sweet ^^

xxx kissmequick

Teresa said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments, everyone! I'm so happy to hear that you guys like this bike post!

For those who are interested in getting the lovely Huffy Deluxe Cruiser Bikes, I would recommend getting them at Walmart where they are being sold at $119. Plus, you get a FREE $20 gift card too! You can also get FREE home delivery! Kmart also sells these bikes but it's a bit more expensive.

Happy biking, everyone! Do send me photos if you guys decide to get them! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails