Sunday, July 11, 2010

Outfit Post: The Shoe Skirt

  • Purple Sleeveless Shirt: Banana Republic
  • Navy Blue Cinch Belt: Vintage
  • Quirky Shoe Skirt: Vintage Sandy Duncan Designs
  • Tan And Cognac Oxford Heels: Marc Fisher
  • Plastic Blue Headband: Forever 21
  • Blue Hobo Bag: Old Navy
The weather this weekend was a bit moody. The sun would be beating down on you one second and then you'd be drenched in rain the next. If there was anything about the weather this weekend that was certain, it was the mugginess and that, for me, meant frizzy, banshee hair.

Mr. Old School wanted to get a massage so we went to the mall in the afternoon. I ended up wearing my quirky shoe skirt. I thought it was apt since I have been talking so much about shoes this week. At the mall, I indulged myself with a $10 dress from Sears while I was waiting for the Mister. I did not dare roam far for fear of getting within 10 feet of Forever 21 or H&M which would mean major damage, whether I liked it or not.

After our short stay at the mall, we went to Borders to check out some books. Hanging out at Borders is always fun. Besides being surrounded by awesome books, they also have cute stuff from Paperchase and I absolutely LOVE Paperchase! Their knick knacks are so cute and fun!

Since I didn't feel like cooking (turning on the stove with this weather is NOT an option), the Mister and I decided to get some Mexican take-out. While the Mister was waiting for our order to be packaged up, I got to meet 2 lovable Samoyeds outside the restaurant. Their names are Chilli and Charlie and they are both so sweet and adorable! The owner was kind enough to let me pet them and I ended up giving both dogs big hugs. If I had a big enough purse, those dogs would definitely be going home with me. Such sweethearts!

So, how was your weekend? I hope you had a lovely one, no matter how the weather was!

24 comments:

my little Aura said...

Oh My God!! Those dogs are so adorable so your shoe skirt, perfect for this season. Here in Chicago has been so humid that I've been wearing almost the same short all week...lol...

see ya!

Anonymous said...

cute skirt lady!

Taylor said...

Cute skirt!
I see "the charleston" on it (I'm in South Carolina).

heather said...

super cute outfit! i love those shoes and your headband tops off the outfit perfectly!

also adore borders and bookstores with coffeeshops inside them generally. sometimes i miss that so much!

LyddieGal said...

Your shoe skirt is too cute!
The humidity here is unbearable as well. I feel like I am trapped inside a cloud.

If I were in a mall, I don't think I could avoid H&M or F21, good for you!

Chic on the Cheap

this free bird said...

It seems highly appropriate that you are in a skirt filled with shoes.

Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

ilovemyhouse said...

LOve the outfit. Very stylish. XX

Carys said...

I love your shoe skirt, what an amazing fabric!! And those dogs are so cute!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Ella said...

skirt is beautiful!
and i really like your brogues too
belle xx
ellabellevintage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

:O That skirt is the bomb!

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jasmine said...

I WANT YOUR SHOES LOL !

Rebecca said...

Thank you for your comments! The shoe skirt is so cute.

noone said...

yeah, on hot days I don't like to cook too! And the dogs are sooo cute and fluffy awwww. Cute skirt too!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

the oxfords. . .they are calling for me.

Ana Degenaar said...

That outfit is absolutely adorable! I'm smitten!
xo

Sara said...

You look awesome! I love the shoe skirt and the shoes that you wore with the skirt!!

PS- Are you still free Sunday? The Royal Oak Garage sale is Sunday, want to go? :)

Micaela said...

I love the shoes, they are so nice.
So, I follow u
Hope you're fine
Kiss

Carrie said...

i love it. it looks really good. and your shoes are amazing! and oh my gosh. those dogs are adorable;D

btw, i tagged you in my "6 product Face" post:D come check it out!

http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

Abi said...

This is such a fun skirt! Love that you paired it with oxfords. So cute.

http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

rachel red lips said...

that skirt is craaazy! (crazy fun hehe)

Chaucee said...

Totally love the shoes! And it sounds like you had a great evening out : ) What a relaxing time!

Samira said...

the belt and shoes are beautiful! x

http://fashionira.blogspot.com/

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, that dress is so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails