Thursday, July 8, 2010

When it rains, it pours!

Yes, you guessed it! Another shoe post...

Remember those lovely J.Crew Camden brogues in blush pink that we will NEVER EVER have not only because it's a whopping $250 but because the blush pink color is also sold out? Well, look what I found at the Payless website...

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to see an affordable Alice + Olivia alternative! I'm a HUGE J.Crew fan but since I don't have tons of cash just lying around (How I wish I did though!), I have to be smart! And Payless was definitely the way to go!

I ordered the shoes a couple of weeks ago and of course, I had the shoes delivered to the nearest location so that I can save on shipping (Remember, $6 saved on shipping is $6 that will be going to a new pair of shoes!) And today was the day. I went to the mall to pick up the pink loveliness that was waiting to go home.

Going to the mall wearing this:

Going back home wearing this:

The Alice + Olivia Payless version is very comfortable. They are also a nice pale shade of pink. The bottoms are quite different though, it being rubber but it's no biggie. I have to get used to the lace-less thing though. It kind of looks semi-naked, you know? I mean, the whole lace-up thing is what got me hooked on jazz shoes in the first place so not having laces kind of confuses my brain. I might get laces for these pink lovelies but for $24 (I used a coupon), I'm definitely not complaining!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! ^__^ Good find. :)
I agree, they do look naked without laces, but the pattern at the toe's adorable.

Thanks for comments and for following, btw, will be following this cool blog too. (See what I did there? *I'm so lame*)

Jennifer S. said...

Love the shoes!!!! I am the same way when it comes to getting free shipping when I can.

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

ps - now following you too!!!!

this free bird said...

You hit the freaking jackpot on those shoes!! I was just gazing at the J.Crew one's this afternoon and it's a no can-do in walletville. You've put a spring back into my step! yahoo!

I think they look great on you sans laces!!

BekaLoves said...

Those shoes are so drool-worthy! :)

I acctually like them lace-less. I think with the less typical color it doesn't look like you took the laces out - like they are suposed to look like that. Triple love the color!

ilovemyhouse said...

Not available here i guess but ilovethem. XX

EAT ME MIKI! said...

urs makes me want these shoes!!! a trip to payless is on the schedule this weekend...

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

thx...i like the black one...

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh my, love these! What a great find!

Carys said...

I love those shoes so much, I think they look kinda sweet without the laces!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

KristiMcMurry said...

Nice! I like Alice + Olivia a lot better than J.Crew anyway :)

Anonymous said...

I like the non-lace ones, actually! They look comfy.

chrisjinkim said...

love them in pink

Haven said...

SO FREAKING CUTE!!! What a score. :)

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet! Although I agree about them looking naked: I'd thread some chiffon ribbon through them.

wolfwhistle.org

vnikali said...

wow i love these oxfords!~~~~~
xx
vnikali
http://vnikali.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the nude sneakers

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

OK, I am not a brogue fan. But that Alice + Olivia pair for that price? I may have to take a peekers ...

Emily said...

Love those Alice and Olivia's! I contemplated buying them a while back, but didn't. I wish i had seen this review before.

Emily

http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails